Gait Analysis and Foot Function
Dr. Tauber uses the F-Scan to evaluate gait for her runners/athletes as well as any patient at any age who is having a biomechanical issue with their gait. She has a separate treatment room designated for this service, with a treadmill. If it is determined that there is a need for a custom orthotic, she will cast you for these as well.
The F-Scan™, is an in-shoe foot pressure measurement system, uses pressure and timing data to reveal what’s happening inside the shoe during the phases of gait.
Regardless of whether you choose the walkway or in-shoe system, they provide accurate, repeatable data for a broad range of tests and insights including:
- Pinpoint issues in the gait cycle
- Identify and correct pathomechanical dysfunctions
- Improve athletic performance
- Measure change after treatment
- Plantar pressure profiles of pressure distribution
- Pressures and forces during gait displayed in time graphs (gait curves)
- Position and trajectories for center of force (CoF) during stance phases of gait
- Force and pressure time integrals (impulse)
Check out our gait analysis playlist on YouTube to see the products in action!